Skip to main content

Vwanji research report

The Vwanji research report is now ready to read! The research in the Vwanji language area was conducted primarily through interviews, so the analysis and findings are framed differently to the report written regarding research in the Malila and Nyakyusa language areas, which was conducted using Outcome Harvesting (see previous blog post). 

The primary researcher was my colleague, Juhudi Konga, who was able to apply his recently acquired research skills gained from his iDelta training. I then supported him by analysing the data and writing the report, with his input. Again I would like to thank Jeff Robinson, SIL Tanzania’s Language Programs Director, for his feedback and advice on the report, as well as his encouragement to do this research in the first place. 

If you don't have time to read the whole report, then I would encourage you to read the Executive summary, Section 4 (Observations and Implications) and Section 6 (Conclusions and Recommendations).

The report can be found here: An exploration of language use in church ministry in the Vwanji language area

I hope you find the report interesting and useful and we'd love to hear your reflections on it.

By Katherine O'Donnell

Comments